Enhance Your Blog Image With PhotosBy
We are all looking for ways to enhance our blog image. Adding a photo is just one strategy you can use to refresh your blog.
There are four good reasons why you should consider adding a photograph or an illustration to your blog site…. at least once in awhile.
1. It breaks up space.
2. Photos adds clarity.
3. They can help “brand” you.
4, Photos helps give clear instructions.
Let’s go a little deeper into to each of these considerations.
1. Space: Sometimes you have a lot to say. Long text can look intimidating but if you add a photo here and there it breaks up the space and folks will stay around longer and read your content.
2. Clarity: Sometimes you can’t describe in text what a photo can say. If your site is about traveling to Italy, what better way to get your prospective traveler excited… than to show him a photo.
3. Branding: If you’re trying to brand yourself, having a photo of your smiling face is a must. Putting just your name on your blog is simply not enough.
I know all about resistance when it comes to putting a photo on a site. When I made the painful decision to add a photo to my first blog… I cried before the picture was taken… and bawled louder after I saw it. Bite the bullet… and do it anyway.
Martha Giffin uses a photo of herself in her blog header. She also uses rotating photos of herself with “The Gurus” she has met at seminars. With these photos, she’s not only branding herself… but she’s putting herself in a position of authority. In fact… she is an authority in online marketing.
Melanie Kissell, Solo Mompreneur, uses a double whammy! She has a nice photo of herself (and her dog) on her blog site. She also uses an illustration or photo about her subject matter. I watch for this icon each time I go to her blog. I would miss it if it were not there. It’s part of Melanie fun personality.
4. Instruction: There is nothing like a photo… added to text… to give instructions. If you can see how something is done… it makes all the difference in the world. Insightful Nana (that’s me) uses photos to give cooking instructions.
Using a photo is just a great way to enhance your blog image.
P.S. I’m sure there are other reasons to add a photo to enhance your blog image. If you have any secrets… please share them in the comment area… we would love to hear from you!